Volunteering is an excellent way to get to know the PMI organisation and there are so many ways to get involved (pmi.org/get-involved) and use your project management and professional skills to improve the organisation, your chapter, the benefits to its members, and grow professionally. You can also earn PDUs in maintaining your PMP accreditation.
Three Ways to get involved
As an Executive officer of the Ireland Chapter Committee, i.e. Programmes/Events, Finance, IT, Marketing, Communications, Outreach, Professional Development, Membership, Regional
- Reports at the Monthly Committee meeting
- How to get involved: Put yourself forward for election at the AGM
As a Committee member
- Supports an executive officer
- Attends the monthly committee meeting
- How to get involved: Volunteer at the AGM
As a task-volunteer
- Take on a task or time-limited role that needs doing in the Chapter
- Perform useful work to support an executive officer
- How to get involved:
- See Volunteer Opportunities for a list of open volunteer tasks
- Check the details against your own competences and interests
The board and executive officers appreciate the dedication of volunteers who give their time and skills for the betterment of the chapter. Volunteers can expect clear guidelines on how they can contribute to a variety of initiatives and projects to increase benefits to the membership.