This programme aims to serve both the members and Industry by.
- Provides assistance with the implementation of PMI best practices and standards.
- Provides assistance with best practice, global, Project Management accreditation programmes
- Provides a channel for feedback and comments with regard to the relevance and appropriateness of the PMI standards,contributing to the development and future direction of the PMBOK and other PMI standards.
- Provides an opportunity to network with project management peers from similar organisations in a open and knowledge-sharing forum.
- Provides access to local and international PMI resources and speakers to support internal initiatives, events and seminars related to the promotion of project management.
For our members
- Raises awareness of the value of project management, the work of Project Management Institute (PMI) and the Ireland Chapter of the PMI within Industry, and in doing so increase the profile & value of project management as a profession.
- Provides access to data, presentations and knowledge sharing on project management in action – real-world information and examples related to how organisations are applying and utilising the PMI standards.
- Provides visibility into the evolving role of the project professional and the direction and options available within project management as a career.
- Provides access to resources from leading project driven organisations through events and networking opportunities.
Over the coming months your Chapter will continue to work at building up relationships with community organisations and corporate partners to implement the outreach programme. We aim to work with these partners to identify suitable opportunities for our members to volunteer their professional skills.
- Forging closer links with leading project driven organisations and establishing ‘PMI Champions’ within the organisations to support and promote the Chapter and the project management profession. If you would like to be a ‘PMI Champion’ or would like additional information please contact the Outreach officer. Additional information on the role and responsibility of the ‘PMI Champion’ will be published later in the autumn.
- The establishment of a ‘Project Leaders Forum’ –holding a series of roundtable discussion events with invited leading project professional to discussion project related topics and gather industry feedback on the role and relevance of project management and project management as a profession. The roundtable events will be documented and the discussion, findings and recommendation shared with members. This will be a valuable forum for gathering feedback directly from industry and will be used to shape the future direction of the Chapter and provide valuable feedback into PMI for consideration in the development of future standards and research areas.
- Identifying Outreach Event opportunities for the months ahead. The Outreach programme provides Chapter resources to organisations who are trying to develop or embed project management best practice and PMI standards. The Chapter can assist organisation through the provision of speakers on PMI or wider project management topics and can promote project related events within the membership. Recent Outreach events have included DELL (May) and Intel (September).
How to Participate
PMI Champion: become a ‘PMI Champion’ and help promote the Chapter and PMI within their organisations.
Organisations: if your organisation is interested in hosting a PMI Outreach event either open to all members or a closed (Company Only) event let us know.
For information on PMI Outreach activities, please contact us.